I found this recipe posted over on Jayesel the other day. We tried it for lunch today!
YUMMMM…. It’s a keeper!
Texas BBQ Chicken Quesadillas
1-2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
1 small onion, sliced
1 green pepper, chopped
ground red pepper
salt & pepper
2 large flour tortillas (I used wheat)
shredded cheddar jack cheese
1. Saute chicken with salt, pepper, and a bit of olive oil in a pan. In a separate pan, cook onions and peppers with a bit of olive oil and pepper. Add BBQ sauce (as much or as little as you like) to the onions and peppers; then add a pinch of ground cumin and ground red pepper.
2. While that all cooks, preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Place flour tortillas on a cookie sheet.
3. When chicken and veggies are cooked, combine into 1 pan (easiest to add the chicken pieces to the veggies and sauce) Mix and cook for a few minutes to coat the chicken.
4. Spoon mixture onto one half of each tortilla. Top with shredded cheese and fold in half to close the quesadilla. Bake for 10-15 minutes in the oven, or until crispy.
5. Serve with chips and salsa, sour cream, guacamole; garnish with cilantro. YUM!