Friday morning I flew out bright and early to visit Karin in Chicago! It was a relaxing and fun trip! Strange to be without Maria, but very relaxing! And such a quick trip, that my one bag was only half full! (We took more to Maria’s cousins birthday party today than I did to Chicago!)
- Landed in Chicago right before 9.
- Took the el back to Karin’s. Stopped at Starbuck’s before going home.
- Watched Grey’s and 30 Rock.
- Went out for lunch.
- Went to The Bucket List. A good movie for a Friday afternoon.
- Did some shopping on Michigan Avenue (Ann Taylor Loft, Pottery Barn, Room and Board)
- Met Aunt Marilyn for an early dinner at Bandera’s
- Headed back to Karin’s for magazines, internet surfing, and more talking!
- The next morning after showers, we had brunch at a place called Yolk.
- Then went out to do some typical shopping at Target, DSW, and the grocery store.
- Headed to the airport, where I watched part of the 2nd quarter of the Packer game before boarding my flight!
All in all a good time! Got home, and watched the 2nd half of the Packer game (they won in the snow!) on the DVR, while I made Luke’s birthday cake.
This morning, Maria and I went to Target and then home to decorate the cake. Then Luke’s birthday party this evening! Good (busy) weekend! Topped off with a Dallas loss, so the Packers will be HOSTING the NFC Championship next week! Woo hoo!