This was dinner last night. It was good. Needs more seasoning, but easy and good for a cold winter work night! And again, easy to have most of this stuff on high. The original recipe came from a Pillsbury recipe booklet.
Biscuit Chicken Pot Pie
1 1/4 boneless chicken breasts
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/2 tsp poultry seasoning
1/2 tsp dried thyme
1/4 tsp pepper
2 cans chicken gravy (10 oz each)
2 medium stalks celery, cut into 1/2″ slices
1 bag frozen mixed vegetables (16 oz)
6 frozen biscuits
1. Place chicken* in slow cooker. Top with onion, poultry seasoning, thyme, pepper, gravy, and celery.
2. Cover; cook on Low heat setting 8 to 10 hours.
3. Gently stir in frozen vegetables into chicken mixture. Increase heat setting to High. Cover; cook 30 minutes longer.**
4. Meanwhile, heat oven to 375 and bake biscuits as cirected.
5. Spoon about 1 cup chicken mixture onto each plate. Top with split biscuit.
* This was a last minute decision before I went to bed, so my chicken was still frozen when I put it all together. It didn’t seem to affect things at all.
**At this point, mine looked a little thicker than I would like, so I added about 1/4 cup sour cream and a little chicken broth that I had in my freezer thanks to this suggestion from Linko