So yes, I’ve fallen off the blogging wagon.
It’s tough. Once you slip, it’s hard to get back into it. Now so much has happened, it could be a long drawn out post. In a nutshell, I’ve been busy. OK, so that means spent a lot of time working on the yard and un-doing the damage we’ve done by ignoring it for 2 summers. And now my house (inside) is feeling ignored and dirty! Plus I’m planning Maria’s birthday party. And on top of that things have been busy at work! I’m ignoring my blog. I’m ignoring facebook. I’m barely twittering. Barely texting or replying to emails! Oh, and my 21 days are up tonight… so I’ll post after I see what I accomplish with my day today!
So here are some bullets for the last couple weeks:
- Maria came home with a shiner and a gash across her nose last week. I postponed her 2 year pictures, but at the bottom you can see how it looked when she got home that night. The bruising is mostly gone (faint yellow now) and the cut is smaller. Hopefully by next Friday (pictures) it’ll be good.
- Finished cleaning out the landscaping. Planted all my flowers. Trimmed up some of the shrubs. Split some hostas. And my grass that I planted a couple weeks ago sprouted this week with all the sunshine we’ve had! Yay!
- Worked a lot. Work is busy. But good. Busy in a good way. I just wish I had more time at work to concentrate on my current project which is creating a request system using SharePoint and InfoPath, which I’m pretty much teaching to myself.
- Working through birthday party details. It’s an Elmo theme!
- Last night we went to a birthday party for a little boy who was in our Mommy and Baby class 2 summers ago. There were 4 from the class (including Maria) there and they don’t look like this anymore!
- Maria continues to amaze us. She is using full sentences occasionally. Usually it starts with “I want…” 🙂