Quick Easy and Yummy! Chad liked it so much, he dished the leftovers right up for lunch the next day!
And about 8 points per serving… of course I didn’t add mushrooms… maybe next time, after all I did try fish just a week ago!
Ground Beef Noodles
6 ounces whole wheat egg noodles, uncooked
1 lb ground beef, 93% lean
1 (6 ounce) can mushroom stems and pieces
1 cup onions, chopped
2 tablespoons butter, melted
1 cup reduced-fat sour cream
2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
3 cups V-8 vegetable juice (or tomato juice) [I used the low-sodium kind]
2 teaspoons salt [I used onion powder instead of salt]
1 dash pepper
- 1. In a large frying pan or Dutch oven, saute the onions in butter until tender. [I don’t have a Dutch oven and I didn’t quite see how the noodles would all fit into the frying pan, so I used a pasta pot instead. Also, I added the mushrooms at this point instead of waiting until the end because I like cooked mushrooms.]
- 2. Add meat and brown lightly.
- 3. Place the noodles in a layer over meat.
- 4. Combine the tomato juice with the seasonings, and pour over noodles.
- 5. Bring to a boil, then cover.
- 6. Simmer over low heat for 30 minutes (or until the noodles are tender). [I was nervous that the noodles wouldn’t all get cooked, because in the pasta pot they weren’t all quite submerged in the liquid, so I went back a couple times during the 30 minutes and poked at them with a spoon to make sure they were covered with liquid.]
- 7. Stir in the sour cream and mushrooms and bring to a boil.
- 8. Serve hot.