We had this for dinner tonight. I found the recipe at Just BARE Chicken’s website. I made a few minor tweaks based on what I had on hand. It was delicious. I served it with sweet potatoes and steamed green beans.
Chicken with Toasted Pecans and Maple Syrup
2/3 cup coarsely chopped pecans
4 tablespoons mayonnaise
2 tablespoon Dijon mustard
3 tsp garlic, minced
1 teaspoons thyme
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper
20 ounces Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast
2 tablespoon olive oil
2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon thyme
3 tablespoons maple syrup
- Roast pecans in a large skillet over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, for 4 to 5 minutes or until toasted. Remove from skillet; set aside.
- Pound chicken flat and cut chicken breasts into 2-3 pieces
- In a medium bowl, stir together mayonnaise, mustard, thyme leaves, garlic, salt and pepper. Coat chicken with mayonnaise mixture. Let stand at room temperature for 5
- In a large skillet, sauté chicken in olive oil over medium-high heat for 4 to 5 minutes per side. Chicken should be fork-tender with no hint of pink in the meat.
- During the last 5 minutes of cooking, sprinkle chicken fillets with toasted pecans, cinnamon, thyme leaves and maple syrup. Serve with additional maple syrup if desired.