Next stop – 40! Yikes. I’m 39. It was a very good birthday. Although maybe it was because my day before was just really not fun.
Last weekend, I had a 31 and Shutterfly Party as kind of a way to earn myself some presents, plus spend time with friends and my in-laws brought a cake.
The day before we had cookies at our team meeting.
The actual day of my birthday:
- I woke up to a lovely card from my husband which also included a gift card to Caribou and Chipotle. Not diamond earrings or a MacBook, but I can’t expect that every year, right?! 🙂 And we did get new furniture earlier in the week.
- Free coffee from Caribou on my way into work.
- More coffee, a new mug and another gift card from my friend Sara, who is a contractor on my team and who usually works from home, but came to work because I thought my day would be more fun with her there.
- Lunch with Sara.
- Some work throughout the day.
- Dinner out with Chad & the kids – Chili’s
- More Cookies
- Facetime call with my niece’s Elizabeth & Katelyn
- PhotoBooth with Charlie & Maria
Yesterday, I spent with my friend Sarah doing our annual tradition of the Christmas Tour of Homes in Hudson and and lunch and shopping. Plus a quick stop at my brother’s.
Today I got to spend an hour with my friend Karin who also brought me more coffee and gift cards. All Good! It’s great to start a new year feeling so blessed and so loved!