1. What did you do in 2012 that you’d never done before?
I ran in the cold weather – It was just 3 days ago, but I did it!
I also signed up to lead a Girl (Daisy) Scout troop!
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
My resolution was to “Quiet the Noise” – it started out loud. But I did make strides in realizing when I needed more quiet in my life and taking steps to achieve that.
Also to get more sleep. I didn’t make great strides in this.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
One of my very close friends had a baby boy in August. Cute little Ellis, who is such a good sleeper and I have yet to hold because I didn’t want to wake the baby the couple of times I’ve met him
4. Did anyone close to you die?
My great-aunt Alice. She was 95. And my dad’s cousin Lois, who is his age and had ALS.
5. What countries did you visit?
I made it to Green Bay (that’s Eastern WI!)
6. What would you like to have in 2013 that you didn’t have in 2012?
A better attitude? I did suffer from “glass half empty” quite a bit (especially at work)
7. What dates from 2012 will be etched upon your memory, and why?
Friday (January) the 13th. I crashed 2 cars – one included my house.
8. What was your biggest achievement of this year?
I am pretty proud of reading 26 books!
9. What was your biggest failure?
I don’t know if it is a specific failure, but I definitely have learned I need to not let work get too personal. It’s just hard not to let the one thing that takes you away from your kids and family on a daily basis to not be personal.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
I had some stomach issues. Not fun at all. I finally sought out a doctor who was willing to look at food intolerance as the cause and not just treating the symptoms. By cutting out dairy, eggs and gluten, I have made great improvements.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
A pair of custom jeans – seriously – love them.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
All the emergency personnel that responded to the tragedy at Sandy Hook and also the volunteers and responders for Hurricane Sandy.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
The Westboro Baptist Church
14. Where did most of your money go?
15. What did you get really excited about?
Our 4 day getaway to the Wisconsin Dells as a family.
16. What song will always remind you of 2012?
“Call Me Maybe” – it will specifically remind me of our long weekend in Green Bay when the kids played it over and over.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you: a) happier or sadder? b) thinner or fatter? c) richer or poorer?
a) About the same b) Thinner… cutting out gluten and dairy (carbs) will do that. C) Financially, not much has changed…
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Played with my kids.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Less screen time. Less time worrying about the house being clean.
20. How will did you spend Christmas?
Christmas Eve with my in-laws, Christmas day with my family, The 26th at home
21. Did you fall in love in 2012?
Again, just more in love with my family. Maria and Charlie just keep growing into their personalities and they are so much fun now. It’s much easier to plan fun things (like WI Dells and other getaways)
22. What was your favorite TV program?
Modern Family and just discovered Parks & Recreation (starting with the first season on Netflix)
23. What was the best book you read?
Magic Hour, by Kristin Hannah
24. What did you want and get?
MacBook Air – I only wanted it out loud for a couple days before Valentine’s Day, and my husband listened really well. It helps that he loves technology too.
Also a babysitter, who is often available on short notice! Love it!
25. What did you want and not get?
A vacation with my husband. More time with my husband. Celebrating 10 years of marriage in 2013 though, so maybe…
27. What was your favorite film of 2012?
28. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
39 – I worked. But it was a really good day.
29. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
30. How would you describe your personal fashion concept of 2012 ?
Hard.. I have no butt. Or hips. And losing a few pounds even makes it harder to find pants that fit well. I know it is not what most girls complain about but for me it’s a problem.
Also with some help from my friends, I picked out a pretty awesome dress and accessories for my high school class reunion. And I hope all those people think I always dress that nice! J although if they read this they will know…
31. What kept you sane?
My friends. I’m very lucky to have so many.
32. Who did you miss?
Again, my close friends. And also my family. I just don’t get to see them as much as I’d like.
33. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2012.
That I need to take time for myself and put myself first. And often simple is best.