Did anyone see where June went? Wow that was fast. But as they say, time flies when you’re having fun. And mostly June was fun!
When I say mostly, that implies that parts of it weren’t. Those parts would be weekends #1 and #2 and the week between. Why do you ask? Well if you remember May, the last weekend Maria had a stomach bug. Which Charlie didn’t pick up until the following weekend. There was a lot of sheets changed and rugs washed that weekend. Which I’m fairly certain was why I got the bug that following Monday night. Then the weekend came again, and it was Maria’s turn again. Chad drank grape juice and remained safe!
We pulled it together and stayed healthy for a week. We had a fun barbecue at Karin’s while learning a good lesson about setting boundaries for a 3 year old boy.
And the following weekend we had a family reunion with Chad’s family and cousins. Good times! And the following weekend, we had Chad’s 20 year class reunion while his parents hung out with the kids.
In between all of that:
- Maria graduated from Kindergarten
- I cleaned up the landscaping and spread a LOT of mulch!
- Both kids started swimming lessons
- We’ve played a lot of Thomas the Train Uno and Spot It.
- Charlie also spends considerable amount of time pushing a dump truck
- Maria learned to ride her bike!
- I upgraded to an iPhone5… which is probably the only reason there are pictures for me to post below…
- Chad and I also worked. yeah, those jobs sure get in the way of summer.
So yeah, my things to do for June did not get done, except for the landscaping things…
One thought on “Surprise! It’s July!”
Thanks for the link back to my grape juice article! I hope you all stay healthy now. Your kids are adorable!