Wow it’s been 10 Years since I started blogging. Can’t even believe that.
I’ve blogged about quite a bit of stuff… not sure how much of it is interesting, but I thought after 10 years maybe I should re-introduce myself! So here’s 10 things my friends know about me:
- Married to Chad – since 2003. We met in a bar called Banana Joes. At least that’s what I like to tell people. But really it through a friend of a friend at the bars one night – Also I told him to leave me alone and then gave him my business card.
- My oldest is Maria – born May 2007. She is sometimes a little too much like me… spunky and scattered. but still sweet and smart (loves math – like me!)
- My youngest is Charlie – born February 2010. He is a sweet and VERY active boy and likes things in order. And also analytical as well.
- I grew up on a small farm in small town Wisconsin until I was about 11 (through 4th grade), and then we moved to Rochester MN where I graduated from high school (and my parents still live there)
- I graduated from UW-Stout with an Applied Mathematics degree.
- I became an avid Packer fan while I was at Stout – They won SuperBowl XXXI while I was there. You couldn’t NOT like the Packers.
- I worked at a Bible camp for 3 summers in college. We still go as a family every summer. My kids love it as much as I do. And it’s definitely grown on Chad as well.
- I have worked in IT since leaving college. I am currently a Lead Business Analyst, which means I get to help figure out what the business needs and how the systems/applications can best support those requirements and processes. I’ve played lots of roles in IT, my least favorite is Project Manager… I’m not sure what my favorite is. I really like to solve problems effectively.
- Things I love to do in my “spare” time : shop, read, entertain, hang out with friends, cook, and many kinds of craftiness like scrapbooking and sewing. Needless to say my time is limited, with kids and working full time.
- This blog started as a way to share with my friends (and it was originally called “Jane M Says”, before I renamed it “See Jane Blog”, and now “Blog Jane Blog”). And then it kind of turned into me wanting to document my life a little too. I’m hoping to get it back to more of a sharing… it’s taken a backseat to facebook for sure but hoping to focus a little more as we head into this second decade!