I’m a month behind. I realize this, but I wanted to share how awesome my EIGHT-year old is!
Maria’s personality has completely blossomed in this past year. I think a lot of it is her age and growing up, but I think some of it is also her new school and new friends. While she can be sassy and roll her eyes, she is still mostly fun. There are plenty of days where she is “bored” and is drawn to any type of screen – Kindle, computer, TV, my phone or iPad. But then there are days where she locks herself in her room to sing and dance and days that she can’t put down the book she is reading. And while there are days when she just wants to be with her BFF Molly who lives up the street, she also is often perfectly content playing camp or school with Charlie in his room (his room because it’s cleaner). Yesterday she read him 4 of his library books and helped him complete his summer reading “homework” from the library. She did hers the first day she brought it home. This girl likes to be on the go. If we don’t see any friends over the weekend, you may want to watch out by Sunday afternoon. I can’t imagine keeping her home in the summer. The Y-care program is completely up her alley… swimming, field trips, playing with her friends.
Favorite things right now:
- Swimming, biking, scooters
- Music – Kidz Bop and Taylor Swift – and anything on KS95
- Books – she just finished the Betsy Tacy Tib Treasury
- Toys – Barbies & Ever After High
Birthday Number 8 – How we celebrated:
Beanie Boo Party with Friends
- Each adopted a Beanie Boo to take home, complete with adoption certificate
- Beanie Boo Bingo
- Everyone wore PJs (but still went home at 8:30pm)
- Cake & Ice Cream
- Lots of giggles & screams.
Ever After High Party with Family
- Taco Bar – complete with Velveeta-y nacho cheese (birthday girl’s request)
- Ever After High Cupcakes
- Simple, but good time with family and cousins.