I’ve been contemplating this for awhile… but yesterday was the day. I started the Whole30. Basically, no grains, no seeds, no dairy, no added sugar… I have to do this. My fingers are swollen. For awhile I’ve had stomach issues, and also definite inflammation, and probably the worst, my hair is falling out… Some days are better than others. But always better when I’ve been good. Worse when I go on a carb/gluten/sugar binge. Thank you Christmas Cookies and Sweets and the New Year’s Chinese food…
- decaf coffee
- apple, sweet potatoes, Applegate maple/apple sausage, spinach – sautéed in Coconut Oil with pink sea salt. – (opportunity: sugar in the sausage, but the options are limited at Target – note to research this.)
- leftover burrito chicken meat (chicken, peppers, homemade taco seasoning, tomato sauce)
- with sautéed (in olive oil) cherry tomatoes & mini peppers with guacamole (not homemade, so obviously opportunity there too)
- Decaf Coffee
- Cutie Oranges
- Butternut Squash Soup
- Leftover Drumsticks (Sauce included molasses and honey – definite opportunity)
- I went to Target and did not get Starbucks!
- Lunch did NOT include tortilla chips – Although I think that some of the craving of tortilla chips is the salty – so I added salt directly to my lunch.
- Opened a sleeve of Ritz crackers for my kids and didn’t eat any!
- Oranges for a snack.
- Crockpot full of soup with lots of freezer leftovers just for me (the rest of the family doesn’t like butternut squash)
- No evening snack… no cravings. Strange!
- Slept Really well. Not sure if this is related to what I ate, or that no child woke me up.
Anyone out there with advice, especially regarding traveling and feeding fussy kids, please feel free to weigh in below in the comments!