Still working on waking up. I don’t love it. Although once I’m up, I feel good. Wishing it would warm up!
- homemade turkey sausage, sweet potatoes, apple, spinach
- decaf coffee
- leftover taco meat
- peppers & spinach
- Roast Chicken
- Mashed potatoes (no dairy, just potatoes & Chicken Broth)
- Roasted Asparagus
- Using a lot more cutting boards!
- Energy is improved!
- Made cookies for my kids (from frozen dough) and wasn’t even tempted
- Macadamia nuts are yummy!
- Shaking it up. Once I find something, I will eat it over and over.
- Also finding something my kids and I like. that isn’t chicken…
I got up and dragged myself to the gym/community center to get a run in to start my day. Breakfast I tried a new sausage recipe – actually I made it the night before, so it just needed to be warmed. Also I weighed myself. The rules say you shouldn’t but I did. I’m only down about 1/2 pound. I don’t know why I did it. I’m feeling great. That is why I started this… Moving on
- homemade turkey sausage – turkey, sage, pepper, marjoram, red pepper flakes, ground cloves, cinnamon, nutmeg (+ a little coconut oil, so it didn’t stick to my pan)
- sweet potatoes, spinach, apple
- decaf coffee
- Leftover shredded pork taco meat
- With sautéed peppers and guacamole
- Herbal Tea
- Pistachios (Worried these are just too much like snacking on chips or other bad things… but I love them)
- New Recipes YUM!
- Still in my mode of eating all 3 meals and not just snacking or binging on something that may be compliant, but not a good meal.
- Chili in the freezer for future easy meals.
Since I love chili and I love sweet potatoes! And since my traditional chili is not Whole30 compliant (beans). I went in search for a new recipe. And found this great one from tastesoflizzyt.com
I did make a few tweaks, based on what I know I like. But not much, And it was good! I cooked it in the crockpot.
Sweet Potato Chili
- 2 lbs. hamburger
- 1 /2 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 large can (29.5 oz) can tomato sauce
- 2-3 cups of fire-roasted tomatoes (do NOT drain)
- 3 cups beef stock
- 3 carrots, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 5 small sweet potatoes*, peeled and cubed (about 4-5 cups)
- 2 bay leaves
- ½ teaspoon thyme
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1/4 cup chili powder
- dash of oregano
- dash of red pepper flakes
- In a large saucepan, brown hamburger, onions and garlic. Drain off the fat.
- Add the ground beef and other ingredients, to your crockpot and let it simmer on low all day (8-10 hours) or on high for 4-5 hours.
*I bought cubed sweet potatoes in Targets produce section. Made this super easy to throw together
I made it 10 days!! Woo woo! Yesterday was my last day in Lincoln. I got up, did some yoga, packed my bag, ate breakfast, went to the office for a few hours and then flew home. Fortunately my flight home was a much smoother process. I picked the kids up before going home (They were happy to see me)! Groceries were waiting on my doorstep when I got home, so we made dinner and did a little food prep for today.
- 1.5 hard boiled egg (the other half was too frozen to eat – hotel fridge fail)
- decaf coffee
- berries and grapes
- compliant beef stick (from Whole Foods – probably should have had 2)
- salad (purchased the night before from Whole Foods)
- turkey/beef taco meat
- guacamole (homemade)
- pre-planning breakfast & lunch
- Groceries with fresh produce waiting for me when I got home
- Taco meat thawed, so I wouldn’t be tempted to deviate from the plan after traveling.
Starting off with 9.5 hours of sleep helps! Also got a treadmill run in the morning. Great way to start a day! Work offered to being in Panera for lunch. And I think partly because I asked for some healthy options. But upon exploring their website, I find that they add sugar to their chicken (!) and their dressings are soybean oil based. So I politely declined and went out by myself. I still made a (wrong) uneducated guess at lunch though. Dinner was While Foods again. Safe and a good travel choice if you don’t want fancy sit down.
- 2 Hard Boiled Eggs (from Whole Foods)
- Chipotle – salad with chicken, peppers/onions, guacamole, salsa verde – after eating this I realized I had not checked chipotle ingredients? I don’t know why. But guess what chicken and peppers/onions are cooked in rice bran oil (whatever that is). Now do I start over? I maybe should, but I am not going to. Maybe I just do a whole45? I don’t want to count this as a defeat. Just lesson learned.
- More of those yummy cashews!
- Hot herbal tea
- Hotel Fridge and pre-buying breakfast!
- Not caving to bad options.
- Speaking up for myself
- Got to read at lunch. 🙂
- Always (consistently) research.
Start of week 2 did not get off to a great start. My flight to NEbraska was way delayed. So I was very short on sleep. Which is why I felt pretty defeated when the hotel breakfast had only fruit that was compliant. I was hoping for scrambled eggs. But they had cheese. I took some fruit, and went back to my room to come up with a plan. I found a cafe nearby where I could get my eggs. Good deal. By the end of the day, the lack of sleep had caught up with me so I took a detour back to the hotel via Whole Foods and got some takeout for dinner and breakfast the next morning.
- Omelette with peppers, spinach and ham
- Fresh fruit cup
- Decaf coffee
- Salad with chicken, bacon, artichokes, tomato, Balsimic vinegar and oil
- Turkey sausage from Whole Foods
- Green beans, peppers, cauliflower, carrots (array of goodness from Whole Foods hot line)
- Organic dry roasted garlic herb cashews (Yum!)
- Did not succumb to cheesy eggs or oatmeal
- Gave my work team a heads up so that they asked before ordering lunch and I got something compliant.
- Takeout from Whole Foods
Woke up early. Not sure why? I couldn’t fall back asleep because I started thinking about what I needed to do to get ready for my work trip.Ate dinner at the airport (while watching the Packers win!) It was strange ordering a salad when I could smell all the fried food. But it was good. Even the tomatoes! Unfortunately my plane was super late and heading into Day #8 tired!
Breakfast: The same. Drank decaf coffee at Charlie’s early hockey scrimmage.
- Leftover chicken/potatoes/carrots – cooked into hash
- Dry Roasted Pistachios
- Raspberries in Coconut Milk
- Cobb salad minus cheese and eggs with Balsimic Dressing.
- Ate out in a restaurant
- Cooked a bunch of non-compliant foods for my family to eat while I am gone, but did not even lick my fingers
- Resisted complimentary snacks offered by the airline during the 2+ hour delay!
Tested out my new gym membership. And started running again. I felt good… Felt strong and was definitely running off an adrenaline high after. I really thought it was going to be a LOT harder than I thought.
Pre-Run: grapefruit wedges
Breakfast (after run): the same. With decaf coffee
- Leftover chicken/potatoes/carrots – cooked into hash
- Salad with balsamic vinegar & olive oil
Dinner – My nephew’s birthday party – I packed my own meal
- chicken/avocado/bacon salad on lettuce
- fresh fruit
- banana fried in coconut oil with cinnamon and vanilla (YUM!)
- Maintained even with temptation of birthday party food.
- Served an entire DQ ice cream cake and didn’t even lick my fingers!
A good day. Felt a little tired this morning and again mid-afternoon. Went grocery shopping. Found some pistachios – dry roasted.. So YUMMY! Why have I never eaten pistachios before? Also – hard to find nuts that are NOT roasted in oil.
Breakfast: the same. With decaf coffee
Mid-morning – Another decaf coffee
- Leftover pork taco meat
- with sautéed (in olive oil) cherry tomatoes & mini peppers with guac
Mid-Afternoon – Pistachios
- New Recipe Success – Kids liked it too!
Day 4. Feeling more energy. Better focus at work. Patience with my kids was better today too. It was a good day. Not sure it’s all the food, but it’s good. Starting to plan groceries for the weekend and next week.
Breakfast: the same. With decaf coffee (if you’re wondering why I don’t have eggs, it’s because I have an intolerance to the protein in egg white… Nothing that makes me too sick, but I try to avoid as much as I can. And next week, when I’m traveling, it will probably be my safest choice)
Mid-Morning: Herbal Tea mid-morning
- Leftover squash soup
- Salad with leftover chicken, avocado and balsamic vinegar with olive oil
- Pork Taco Meat slow-cooked with tomatoes w/ guacamole, in butter leaf lettuce.
- Managed to eat my lunch salad even though I really wanted more dressing!
- Lunch was filling! But not bloating!
- Packed my husband’s lunch for tomorrow without sneaking any tastes (tortilla chips & cheese)
- Dinner plans changed, because my chicken wasn’t thawed.
- Went to bed before succumbing to my popcorn craving.