Wow it’s been 10 Years since I started blogging. Can’t even believe that.
I’ve blogged about quite a bit of stuff… not sure how much of it is interesting, but I thought after 10 years maybe I should re-introduce myself! So here’s 10 things my friends know about me:
- Married to Chad – since 2003. We met in a bar called Banana Joes. At least that’s what I like to tell people. But really it through a friend of a friend at the bars one night – Also I told him to leave me alone and then gave him my business card.
- My oldest is Maria – born May 2007. She is sometimes a little too much like me… spunky and scattered. but still sweet and smart (loves math – like me!)
- My youngest is Charlie – born February 2010. He is a sweet and VERY active boy and likes things in order. And also analytical as well.
- I grew up on a small farm in small town Wisconsin until I was about 11 (through 4th grade), and then we moved to Rochester MN where I graduated from high school (and my parents still live there)
- I graduated from UW-Stout with an Applied Mathematics degree.
- I became an avid Packer fan while I was at Stout – They won SuperBowl XXXI while I was there. You couldn’t NOT like the Packers.
- I worked at a Bible camp for 3 summers in college. We still go as a family every summer. My kids love it as much as I do. And it’s definitely grown on Chad as well.
- I have worked in IT since leaving college. I am currently a Lead Business Analyst, which means I get to help figure out what the business needs and how the systems/applications can best support those requirements and processes. I’ve played lots of roles in IT, my least favorite is Project Manager… I’m not sure what my favorite is. I really like to solve problems effectively.
- Things I love to do in my “spare” time : shop, read, entertain, hang out with friends, cook, and many kinds of craftiness like scrapbooking and sewing. Needless to say my time is limited, with kids and working full time.
- This blog started as a way to share with my friends (and it was originally called “Jane M Says”, before I renamed it “See Jane Blog”, and now “Blog Jane Blog”). And then it kind of turned into me wanting to document my life a little too. I’m hoping to get it back to more of a sharing… it’s taken a backseat to facebook for sure but hoping to focus a little more as we head into this second decade!
I’ve been away. For awhile. So very sorry. Not meaning to ignore you, but I was stuck… in a rut…
I think I’ve found my way out now. But for awhile, I thought I would just walk away from this blog. It just took more energy than I had. But now I’m working on turning things around. First, I got a new job. Yes, there were things I loved out my old job. The company and many of the people. But it wasn’t giving me energy anymore… or as Charlie would say “It wasn’t a bucket-filler”. So hey, we’ll try a new job…
And while we’re at it, I started a new practice – yoga! I LOVE Yoga with Adriene, check her out when you get a chance. But just a short 20 minutes by myself taking deep breaths has done wonders for me.
So yes… all good. Plus there are those things that have always been good… like these 2!
I’m moving on. Twice…
First after 9 years I am leaving our beautiful family home and moving to a new one in just 3 (very short) weeks!. Closer to my job, with the bonus of being in a great location complete with a top rated school district. so YAY for me and YAY for my family!
Second, with the little respect I’ve given my blogging side lately, I’m passing on this domain to another Jane who will be completely awesome and successful in this space! And on this day where kids are bringing home report cards, I give my blogging course a big fat “F”. Once I’m settled into my new home, I’m going to work on reviving my stuff here. Hopefully get more exciting than just some book reviews for y’all! Meanwhile, keep track of me at my new domain http://www.blogjaneblog.com I know, I’m not moving far… but still different. So update your reader and I’ll fill you in when I get back on track. I have some clean up yet to do, so I’ll be here for a little while longer.
So I started blogging quite a while before I had kids. It was when I had time to read blogs and it was the newest thing to do online.
I started off sharing the things I love to do in my spare time… Cooking, crafty stuff, opinions on TV shows… All good stuff in my pre-mom world.
Now that stuff is not my priority.. I love being a mom and I still love all the other stuff too. So now my blog promotes some balance in me. It gives me an opportunity to share about my kids because they do provide me with some good writing material. But my blog also reminds me of the stuff I started writing about. That “stuff” helps me keep my head from turning to over-worked Mommy mush.
A new recipe or scrapbook pages require my creative energies. And my blog provides me accountability to that stuff. I may take a break when all that stuff is too much to blog about, but I always remember my ignored blog and come back to it and my non-mommy stuff too.
So I may not be a great blogger these last few months (or year?) but today marks 5 years since I first started blogging!
I feel like I’ve been ignoring my poor blog. I know I haven’t been blogging as much, but I went almost a month without my Recipes and Books pages working, but I fixed both pages tonight. I don’t have them listed out by month, because that might hurt my head tonight, so for now they are just categorized by Year.
I didn’t realize how much I used the Recipes page myself. I don’t often document recipes other than on my blog, so I end up coming here when I want to make a recipe again. I know it may seem like just a dumb detail, but sometimes it’s those dumb details that bug bug bug me!
Bear with me as I work though some quirks with my archives, recipe and book pages.
I upgraded WordPress and threw some things off!
So this morning I had trouble retrieving my email from my domain. I didn’t think much of it, thought things were down for a little bit. Then my mom emailed to say my website was down. I didn’t want to deal with it at work, so I called my hosting company just a few minutes ago.
The guy told me that a server had crashed and everything was lost and he hoped I had a backup!? Hello??? I don’t back it up, because you host this. And it’s not like you have one server dedicated to me, and I caused your stupid server to crash!
He put me on hold and after several minutes, came back to tell me he could restore it to 5 days ago. OK, I guess that’s what I’ll have, and I’m going to go back and read my fine print and give your sales department a call… I’m still waiting for the photos to be restored. We’ll see.
I did it! I updated my version of WordPress and then downloaded this lovely new template from Jennifer, who is sooo talented! Her templates are always soooo pretty and nice!
It only took my like 20 minutes to figure out that I no longer needed to hard-code all my fancy links and twitter and del.icio.us by hand in the sidebar and there are these new fang-dangled things called Widgets. Sorry if I’m geeking out on some of you, but I know you WordPress users know what I’m talking about!
Anyway, I hope you enjoy and that you find this new look pleasing on the eyes!
I’m so out of touch with keeping my blog updated… it’s hard enough to blog, let alone manage the site. But I just logged into my domain account. Only to realize that is was time to renew! Yikes!
AND, I updated my version of WordPress and downloaded some new templates to start playing around with… Stay tuned!