I had bought some dry white northern beans for something a while ago and never used them. Plus I thought a white chicken chili would be a great compliment to my go-to recipes, weeknight recipes.
I found a recipe at food.com and adapted it to my likings, including using dried beans instead of canned beans. (cheaper!!) It was great!
Crockpot White Chicken Chili
20 oz boneless skinless chicken (I used thighs)
16 oz dry white northern beans
1 (15-oz) can hominy
2 tbsp taco seasoning (= envelope of taco seasoning)
1 (4.5 oz) can chopped green chiles
1 (10.75 oz) can cream of chicken soup
3 cups chicken broth
3/4 cup sour cream
shredded cheddar or jack (optional)
- The night before, empty beans into crockpot. Cover with 1.5″ of water. Let soak overnight.
- In the morning, drain and rinse beans.
- Place chicken in crockpot. Top with beans and corn (drained)
- In a medium bowl combine taco seasoning, chiles, soup & chicken broth. Pour over ingredients in the crockpot.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours.
- Before serving, stir gently to break up chicken, then stir in the sour cream.
- Serve with cheese, if desired.